Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009

Well, it looks like not everyone has forgotten about me...

Area Code: 251
State: Alabama
"I've been lying for over a year-to myself and to those I'm close to. I've lied so much about this that I almost thought it was true. But I miss you with everything I have. I miss your smile and the way your voice could always calm me down. Since my car wreck, I've needed you more than you could know. Physically and emotionally I hurt so badly, but I'll keep lying about this forever. Because this lie is all I have."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. People always say that, but I truely do. Car accidents are the most horrible thing to go through, all while pretending to be someone you aren't, and have feelings you don't have. I hope you get through this, and I hope I do too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This one was actually mine, and it's good to hear that someone knows how it feels. No one else seems to get it...

But, I thought I might not make it and, in that moment, everything changed. There was no point in lying about it or wishing anything away anymore -- and, even though I'm alive and recovering, it's something that can't be turned off once it's been turned on.

A part of me did die or change in that wreck, and I'm not even sure who the part I'm left with is. I hope we both get through this. I hope we both become stronger people.

Anonymous said...

I don't know the person I am anymore. Who I was, wasn't the greatest, but not knowing who I am now is even worse. I care too much about the things that don't matter. But I don't know how to stop. The accident made me realize how quickly your life can be taken from you, when you have no control over it. I really want to say Thank you. It's amazing to have someone actually relate to me. Like I said before, everyone says they understand, but they can't. It isn't their fault, but it makes me feel worse. So thanks for making me feel less alone in this world. We are both strong, and we WILL get through this.